Digital Tutors - Introduction to Object Styles in InDesign CS5
English | Video: vp6f, yuv420p, 782x646, 1024 kb/s | Audio: mp3, 44100 Hz, s16 | 300 MB
In this series of we'll focus on introducing you to object styles in Adobe InDesign.
We'll begin this process by learning what an object style is then move on to some basic functionality including creating, applying, and editing our styles. Once we have a good understanding of object style basics, we'll focus on more advanced functionality such as integration of paragraph styles into object styles & creating parent child relationships between object styles. We'll wrap things up by learning how to apply effects to the different parts of an object using an object style. A word of caution though. It is highly recommended that you have a already completed our Introduction to Paragraph Styles and Character Styles course before working through this one. After completing these lessons, you'll have a good understanding of how to add object styles into your workflow to quickly and efficiently control the formatting of both text and graphic based objects.
Lesson Outline (7 lessons)
1. Introduction and project overview
2. Introducing object styles
3. "Creating, editing and applying an object style"
4. Understanding object style overrides
5. Using paragraph styles within object styles
6. Creating a parent/child relationship between object styles
7. Controlling object effects with object styles